Cody McLaughlin is a noted conservationist and conservative thought leader on public policy issues including hunting, fishing, public land access, gun rights, free-market tax and wage policy and the environment. In his free time, he runs several social justice-centered fishing programs in his home state of New Jersey, teaching at-risk youth and adults in disaffected areas the joys of fishing and the skills to go along with it.
Cody’s Role With NJOA | Lead Spokesman
As the lead communicator for the New Jersey Outdoor Alliance, Cody spends much of his free time managing press relations for the organization, crafting statements in response to upcoming media stories and focusing on the public image of NJOA. He has secured coverage for the NJOA in publications ranging from local to national conservative and conservation publications to state and local television, radio and in print everywhere from the Star Ledger to the New York Times.
Articles for news media and various outdoor related publications including the National Rifle Association’s Hunters’ Leadership Forum, noted online second amendment publication Bearing Arms, New Jersey’s largest conservative blog Save Jersey and others.
Digital Strategist, Writer, Communications Consultant
- 2018 Millennial On The Rise | Insider NJ
- 2019 EarthX 30 Under 30: The Green Generation | American Conservation Coalition
- 2019 Policymakers 100 Power List | Insider NJ
- New Jersey Outdoor Alliance Board Trustee
- Founder/Lead Instructor, Mercer County Hooked On Fishing, Not On Drugs
- Abbott Marshlands Council, Recreation Subcommittee
- Sponsor, Annual Trenton Youth Fishing Challenge
- Volunteer, New Jersey Wildlife Conservation Corps
- Counselor, American Legion Jersey Boys’ State