President, New Jersey Outdoor Alliance Conservation Foundation
The Conservation Foundation is an alliance of 27 influential conservation minded organizations that comprise the NJOA-CF Council. Conservation Foundation council members are focused and represent the areas of forestry, fresh and saltwater sport fishing, hunting, scuba diving, and animal welfare. NJOA-CF is dedicated to the advancement of sound conservation policy and legislation while guarding against proposals that are contrary to the best available science. Captain Pete is also a Board Member of the NJOA (PAC) and the NJOA Environmental Projects (NJOA-EP).
Chairman and Co-Founder of Reef Rescue
The Reef Rescue organization was established in 2006 to monitor and protect the state’s artificial reef sites due to the proliferation of fixed fishing gear, such as lobster pots and fish traps, that prevent hook/line fishermen and divers from fully utilizing the resource.
Pete is a principle partner of two metal fabricating firms located in Wayne, NJ. He is a member of the American Welding Society (AWS), the Fabricators and Manufacturers Association (FMA), the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the Society of Protective Coatings (SSPC).
Captain Pete is the owner and Captain of the charter boat G-FORCE sailing from Manasquan Inlet. The ‘Skipper’ possesses a one hundred ton U.S. Coast Guard Master’s License since 1986 and specializes in off-shore canyon trips plus in-shore fishing excursions. He is a Member of the Greater Point Pleasant Charter Boat Association and Tournament Director of the GPPCBA Mako Mania Shark Tournament (which is approaching its 30th year anniversary). From Mako Mania profits, over a half million dollars has been donated to the New Jersey Artificial Reef Program.
Pete has traveled extensively throughout North, South and Central America pursuing his obsession and passion for both fresh and saltwater fly fishing.
Community and Organization Involvement
- Member: National Association of Charterboat Operators (NACO)
- Life Member: Trout Unlimited
- Member: Jersey Coast Anglers Association (JCAA)
- Member: Manasquan River Marlin and Tuna Club
- Member: NJ State Federation of Sportsman’s Clubs
- Member: Atlantic Salmon Federation
- Member: Friends of the Upper Delaware (FUDR)
- Guest speaker on artificial reef issues
- Member: Indian Springs Fly Fishing Club
- Volunteer: NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife
- ‘Sportsman of the Year’ award, Manasquan River Marlin and Tuna Club, 2009 & 2011
- Several First Place awards: saltwater and freshwater fishing tournament competitions
Hobbies and Interests
Fly fishing in fresh and saltwater, fly tying, traveling internationally to remote fishing destinations, bird hunting and bow hunting for deer. Fundraising events.
New York School of Visual Arts; BA in advertising.
Married, (4) children, (7) grandkids, all residing in New Jersey.