Pete is a principle partner of two metal fabricating firms located in Wayne, NJ. He is a member of the American Welding Society (AWS), the Fabricators and Manufacturers Association (FMA), the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and the Society of Protective Coatings (SSPC).
Captain Pete is the owner and Captain of the charter boat G-FORCE sailing from Manasquan Inlet. The ‘Skipper’ possesses a one hundred ton U.S. Coast Guard Master’s License since 1986 and specializes in off-shore canyon trips plus in-shore fishing excursions. He is a Member of the Greater Point Pleasant Charter Boat Association and Tournament Director of the GPPCBA Mako Mania Shark Tournament (which is approaching its 30th year anniversary). From Mako Mania profits, over a half million dollars has been donated to the New Jersey Artificial Reef Program.
Pete has traveled extensively throughout North, South and Central America pursuing his obsession and passion for both fresh and saltwater fly fishing. He is happily married with 4 children and 7 grandkids, all proudly residing in New Jersey.
Pete’s Role With NJOA | Advisor
As an advisor to the board of the New Jersey Outdoor Alliance, Captain Grimbilas brings his vast experience as a former board member and past president of NJOA and his various other conservations roles in the state, including as Chairman and Co-Founder of Reef Rescue to bear on the issues that matter to New Jersey sportsmen.
Community and Organization Involvement
- Member: National Association of Charterboat Operators (NACO)
- Life Member: Trout Unlimited
- Member: Jersey Coast Anglers Association (JCAA)
- Member: Manasquan River Marlin and Tuna Club
- Member: NJ State Federation of Sportsman’s Clubs
- Member: Atlantic Salmon Federation
- Member: Friends of the Upper Delaware (FUDR)
- Guest speaker on artificial reef issues
- Member: Indian Springs Fly Fishing Club
- Volunteer: NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife
- ‘Sportsman of the Year’ award, Manasquan River Marlin and Tuna Club, 2009 & 2011
- Several First Place awards: saltwater and freshwater fishing tournament competitions
New York School of Visual Arts; BA in advertising.